Upcoming Business Meeting Agenda 2014
Event Type: Business Meeting
Sponsored By: Society for Medical Anthropology
Saturday, December 6, 2014: 1:00 PM-2:15 PM
Maryland Suite C, Lobby| Marriott
- Virchow awards:
- Thanking Alexa Deitrich, new Virchow Awards coordinator
- Volunteers for Virchow article review panel?
- Vote on requesting SMA for Virchow Awards to have monetary prize starting in 2015
- Updates from ongoing Public Outreach projects and plans for 2014-2015 (e-health, immigration, insurance, teaching global health, austerity)
- Public Policy Outreach on Austerity
- Update from Megan Carney coordinating Takes a Stand sub-committee
- volunteers to organize 2015 AAA invited panel abstract sub-committee ?
- Request for comments on statement and bibliography
- Proposals for new TAS focus areas or sub-committees
- Global Health at Gunpoint: Militarization and Occupation of African Life from Mali to Missouri
- Interest in an SMA – sponsored Invited Roundtable or Panel collaborated with other SIG groups on SMA invited panel? Working group to outreach?
- Volunteers to work with Amy Dao for Sub-Committee on E-CAGH (updating website and improving Word Press Site)
- CAGH feature members
- FYI: Volunteer CAGH web assistance:
- CAGH: Amy Dao- email@example.com
- SMA Webmaster: Sean Bruna-Lewis firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vote on CAGH letter of support for AAA reactivating Congressional Fellow Program
- Nominations for New Chair or Co-Chairs for 2015
- Joint SIG Workshop – planning and discussion (proposed topic “Black Lives Matter”
- Brief working group session
Comment on new listserv process (CAGH WordPress blog)
We are updating the listserv that is also linked to the CAGH blog. If you received this message directly, you are already on the list, but please visit
To see more about the SIG, the updated site, etc.
JOIN: visit (or forward) this address: http://transfer.medanthro.net/cagh/join/
If you would like to update or add an email to the listserv. The site is under construction and in process, but should allow for more collaborative discussion in between our official SIG meetings at the AAAs (and sometimes SfAAs).