|Session Title:||CRITICAL ANTHROPOLOGY OF GLOBAL HEALTH STUDY GROUP OPEN BUSINESS MEETING|
|Session Type:||Board Meeting|
|Scheduled Date:||Saturday, November 21, 2015|
|Scheduled Time:||12:15 PM-1:30 PM|
|Place:||111 Colorado Convention Center|
ALSO of interest CAGH sponsored:
HEALTH IN THE TIME OF “BELT TIGHTENING”: AN ANTHROPOLOGY OF AUSTERITY IN EUROPE AND AFRICA
Capital Ballroom 2 (Hyatt Regency)Thursday, November 19, 2015: 4:00 PM-5:45 PM
Please send announcements of any other relevant sessions to the CAGH list serve!
2015 CAGH 2015 Business Meeting Proposed Agenda
- Review and revise agenda and annual report (see attached)
- Nominations for New Chair or Co-Chairs for 2016
- Virchow awards:
- Thanking Alexa Deitrich for exceptional job, volunteers for co-chair(s)?
- Volunteers for Virchow article review panels sign up
- Approve continued monetary prize for student winners 2016?
- Updates from ongoing Public Outreach projects and plans for 2015-2016 (e-health, immigration, insurance, teaching global health)
- Public Policy Outreach on Austerity
– Request for comments on statement and bibliography
– Solicit contributions to edited volume
- Proposals for new TAS reviews, policy statements or other action groups
– Global Health at Gunpoint: Militarization and Occupation of African Life – The End of AIDS
– Refugees, Health and the EU
– black lives matter
- Volunteer to write COPP Anth Newsletter e-column on CAGH TAS
- Propose 2016 SMA – sponsored Invited Roundtable on Teaching Global Health
- Volunteers to work with Amy Dao for Sub-Committee on E-CAGH (updating website and improving Word Press Site, developing social media presence and improving membership communication)
- “CAGH in the News” feature members suggestions?
- Volunteer CAGH web assistance:
– CAGH Webmaster: Amy Dao firstname.lastname@example.org
– SMA Webmaster: Sean Bruna-Lewis email@example.com